Dry Body Brushing & The Lymphatic System
The lymphatic system is responsible for carrying toxins out of the body, and it requires regular stimulation in order to keep things moving freely. This can be done with dry body brushing!
The skin is the best place to start if you are looking to take care of your health. This is because the skin is our largest organ and it absorbs up to 80% of what you put on it.
Dry body brushing few minutes every day, is a very effective and loving way to move your own lymph. It will increase blood flow and circulation, which will help your body and lymphatic system clear away toxins.
And, it exfoliates your skin!
Dry Body Brushing promotes healthy, glowing skin and aids lymphatic drainage. I truly believe those few minutes a day, makes a difference in how my skin looks, how my body functions and how energised I feeling the mornings and relaxed in the evenings.
A few key notes to dry body brushing are to brush the lymph nodes and always sweep towards the heart.
Begin sweeping your feet, starting with the soles of your feet as this area has many little nerve endings that need to be stimulated
Continue brushing up your legs and groin area
Proceed to your hands moving up your arms. Move to your armpits as there are many lymph nodes here and it will get any toxins and stagnant energy moving
From your neck stroke down towards your heart
Use circular clockwise strokes on your abdomen - this follows the path of your colon and helps stimulate elimination
Brush upwards from your buttocks, lower back and down from your neck
Some other simple practices to keep lymph fluid flowing efficiently are:
- Sip on warm drinks throughout the day and get a burst of morning sunshine on your skin
- Hydrate, especially in the morning to boost your fluid levels from your nights sleep
- Focus your diet on juicy fresh fruit and vegetables, especially for the first half of the day. It is a great way to decongest all bodily fluids and keep lymph thin and flowing
- Move your body, since your lymphatic system has no dedicated pump, it relies the movement of your body through exercise, yoga, walking, running, rebounding, whatever works for you
- Spend time in a hot sauna. It raises your core body temperature and sweating is a truly amazing way to detoxify the body. Along with 10-15 minute trips to the sauna you can filter in cold showers into your routine to further stimulate blood flow
Anything one can do to help eliminate toxins from the body has to have multiple health benefits, and dry skin brushing is a quick, easy and natural way to achieve that.